A viral video making rounds on social media reveals two men talking while one suddenly slumps backward and falls into the railway tracks.
While the shocking video leaves many questions about what happened, here is what really occurred: On December 7, in the afternoon, a traveling ticket examiner TTE by the name of Sujan Sardar was on his routine shuttling duty and during this time on duty, while talking to another colleague on the railway platform of Kharagpur in West Bengal, he suddenly slumped backward into railway tracks. He fell straight on his head and fire could be seen flashing through him. The video shows the other man running away.
An overhead wire connected to another OHE wire appeared to get loose, thought to be bitten by a bird, and fell on Sujan. As it hit him, current could be seen flashing through his body while he fell back on the railway tracks on his head. After about a minute, people ran in from all directions and lifted him off the tracks rushing him to a hospital.
Sujan was badly injured and admitted to the Divisional Main Hospital immediately where he is undergoing treatment for burns. The good news is doctors report he is out of danger. However, there is concern about the dangers of loose wires in railway stations and the lack of proper safety maintenance.
ये क्या हुआ कोई बताएगा ?? 😵😵
खड़गपुर रेलवे स्टेशन से वीडियो वायरल है
— Sameer Shaikh (@isameerking) December 7, 2022